So even though we are able to ship 1025lbs for the three of us this is all we are shipping. After our tour in Korea we kind of got an idea of what we needed for this trip. Although I did go through a lot of blogs to make sure we weren't missing anything.
We are also sending our 3 bikes with our UB, If you have a bike I HIGHLY suggest that you ship it in your UB shipment. It makes a huge difference to be able to hop on your bike to get out and about until you get a car. In the background you can see all my military gear that is going as well. I prepack all of my expensive gear and lock them in tac boxes and duck tape the outsides so the corners cannot be pulled up to get gear out. I also make a mark or sign my signature over where the tape ends so if anyone tries to remove the tape the marks don't line up.
So the things we suggest to ship in your UB are:
- TV and DVD player
- camping style chairs
- bikes and helmets
- some type of table to eat on (we use the fold up ones)
- a fan
- enough blankets for everyone
- pillows, sheets, and towels
- shower curtain and small rug
- weather appropriate clothes that wont fit in your luggage
- coffee pot
- laundry baskets and a few hangers
- air mattress and pump
- small lamp
- pots, pans, cooking utensils (the stuff from ACS usually isn't enough)
- paper plates, cups, bowls and eating utensils
- tool kit (hammer, a few nails, screwdrivers, a few screws, allen wrenches, level, tape measure, box cutter, adjustable wrench, pliers)
- backpacks (to use while you explore, or to bring things back when you are on your bike)
So this is what we have packed, have we missed anything? What are some of your favorite things to send in your UB?