Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring Break, Italy Edition.....day 7 Milan

Our next trip was to Milan, I admit I didn't think I would like it to much.  I didn't take to many pictures, but to my surprise it is one of the places we would like to go back to and explore more.
Outside the Milan Cathedral. 
 Some street vendors were selling birdseed.
 The cathedral was started in 1386 and has taken over 600 years to complete
 The huge bronze doors are extremely detailed.
 These are individual panels of the doors.

 The marble floor is beautiful
I loved the huge columns.

We decided to leave Milan early so we could get to our next hotel and rest before we went to Venice on our last day in Italy.  We will return to Milan to walk around the shops more. Kim was able to buy some things in Milan before we left.

No comments: